Britain’s Prince Philip, 97, will not be prosecuted over car crash

FILE PHOTO: Debris is seen at the scene where Britain’s Prince Philip was involved in a traffic accident, near the Sandringham estate in eastern England, Britain, January 18, 2019. REUTERS/Chris Radburn/File PhotoLONDON (Reuters) – Queen Elizabeth’s 97-year-old husband Prince Philip will not face prosecution after a car crash last month that injured two women, Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service said on Thursday. Philip, who escaped without injury on Jan. 17 when the Land Rover he was driving flipped in a collision with a car close to the royals’ Sandringham residence in eastern England, voluntarily gave up his driving license earlier this month. “We took into account all of the circumstances in this case, including the level of culpability, the age of the driver and the surrender of the driving license,” the CPS’ Chris Long said in a statement. “We have decided that it would not be in the public interest to prosecute.” Reporting by Kate Holton; editing by Stephen AddisonOur Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

Source: Reuters

Related posts